DATE POSTED: November 5, 2012
START DATE: Ongoing
TREND CUSTOM TAILORS
In the heart of downtown Toronto, tradition meets innovation and design. Established in 1972 by Tom Battista, Trend Custom Tailors originally operated as a cutting and production house. Under the leadership of its current young master, Trend can still lay claim to having the youngest and most innovative tailors in training. The House of Trend Custom Tailors provides a true bespoke experience for men and women where every garment is “cut by an individual, for an individual, made by an individual”. Old world techniques with a contemporary aesthetic create finely detailed wearable art. The House of Trend provides an intimate, enlightening and inspiring experience involving each client directly with the artisans to develop a full wardrobe of professional wear built upon the tradition of bespoke tailoring and cordwaining.
TREND CUSTOM TAILORS is seeking highly motivated, organized and enthusiastic individuals to assist in the Communications and Media department, in documenting the work of Trend Custom Tailors, building and maintaining the brand’s online presence. The ideal candidate is a post-secondary student or graduate with a professional attitude and strong interest in bespoke tailoring.
- Assist communications and media team with high res digital photography and video documentation of work-in-progress and finished work
- Assist in the production of special projects and commissions
- Assist in prepping visual and written content for Trend’s blog, Bespoke, and social media (twitter and facebook)
- Digital Media Management and backups of all original content
- Support administrative tasks related to the marketing departments printed and online communications
- Assisting in in-house special events
- Assist with photography of work-in-progress, research and writing
- Ability to work both independently (self-directed) and collaborate effectively with other team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a creative, dynamic environment
- Solid computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Avid, a plus
Commitment: Schedule TBD. Minimum commitment of 1 full day per workweek, some evening and weekend work may be requested.
Compensation: This is a volunteer position.
Deadline for applications: This position is open immediately and will be filled as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Trend encourages creative submissions, serious inquiries only. Interested applicants are invited to send a CV, cover letter and samples of previous work, (image files to be submitted as .jpeg attachments) electronically to:
(Attention: Production & Media Intern)
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. For more information about Trend Custom Tailors, please visit www.trendcustomtailors.com.
TREND CUSTOM TAILORS
306 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, ON, M5A 2S1
416 596 8744
facebook Trend Custom Tailors