The images Festival is currently offering a number of unpaid Internships that will provide valuable experience for those interested in events management and film and new media. The images Festival is run by a small core staff and offers Interns the opportunity for meaningful participation in the planning and execution of the festival.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- assist with promotion and marketing strategies to develop community involvement;
- learn theatre operations and box office management;
- coordinate and supervise volunteers;
- research and strengthen relationships with cultural communities;
- create social media campaigns
These internships run from mid-March until the end of April, with part-time hours (1-2 days per week). During the festival, April 11-20, additional evenings and weekends will be required.
1) Social Media Intern; approximately 10 hours per week, more during the images Festival, April 11-20, working primarily from home (and events of course!) Using Facebook, Twitter and other social media to build images online presence and promote events, including live Tweeting of events and blogs.
2) Box Office Assistant; 1 day per week, daily April 11-20. You will prepare box office materials and systems for tracking ticket sales and supervise Box Office Volunteers on site during the festival.
3) Front of House Assistant; 1-2 days per week, doing various tasks in the office related to venue preparation for the festival and then working on site during the festival and learning about Front of House and Box Office and more. The majority of your shifts will be April 11-20, evenings and weekends. By the end of the festival you will have the skills to set up and run a smaller venue independently.
4) Festival Executive Assistant; 1-2 days per week, doing various administrative and planning tasks (plus others as needed) working alongside the festival Executive Director. During the festival, April 11-20, this position will be varied and flexible and busy, shifting from office tasks to on-site events and running errands. You will quickly gain an understanding of the inner workings of festival and event planning through this position.
5) Volunteers Assistant; 1-2 days per week, assisting with volunteer recruitment, training and scheduling, as well as on-site volunteer supervision during the festival April 11-20. You will learn our online volunteer management system to schedule and track volunteer involvement, as well as contacting volunteers via email and working with them in person.
To apply please send a resume to Amy Rouillard BY EMAIL ONLY at amy @ imagesfestival.com, stating “Festival Intern” in the subject line. Application deadline is 5pm, March 4, 2013.
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
The Images Festival is the largest festival in North America for experimental and independent moving image culture, showcasing the innovative edge of international contemporary media art both on and off the screen. It is intrinsically linked to the promotion and survival of independent media art within Canada and internationally. The 26th annual Images Festival will take place in Toronto from April 11-20, 2013.
For more information about the Images Festival, or to sign up as a volunteer, please visit: