An opportunity to present your talent and partake in the production of a Documentary Film, showcasing the work and hustle of emerging Canadian Designers and what it takes to rise to the top
1. About the Organization
Art of Fashion Inc. is an award winning not-for-profit establishment which has embraced the Canadian apparel and accessories’ designers and devoted to nourishing their work and success through creating networking opportunities.
Every year, AOF hosts a grand show/exhibit which gives opportunity to 10 emerging Canadian Designers to enter their work and compete against each other for a grand prize of $40,000. The ultimate award is comprised of a monetary grant, exclusive retail and media opportunities, and a membership to many arts and design committees.
With the show driving a crowd of more than 20,000 people each year and a select panel of guest judges, Art of Fashion is sure to create an endless list of opportunities not only for its competitors but for those who partake in the event’s and film’s production.
2. The Project
The main aim of the film is to present the efforts of the organization to promote the true colors of Canadian talent and throw some light into the true struggle of finding good funding. This year, the documentary will give the audience a glimpse of last year’s fierce competition, wittily called “La Belle Epoque 2010”, and intertwine it with the current competing designers – a formula based on previous triumphs and new obstacles.
3. The Opportunity
The documentary will focus on creating a catching script, exposing the cause created by the organization and highlighting each designer’s work.
- Calling out to all directors, script-writers, directors of photography and sound to apply for the chance to contribute their most creative and original ideas towards the making of a successful documentary film. Your work and name will be credited and exposure will be given to you: an excellent opportunity to boost up that portfolio!
- Upon completion of the project, the participating crew will have the opportunity to invite family and friends to view the final cut during a private screening prior to the Art of Fashion event. In addition, the screening will be exclusively open to established Canadian designers and the media.
- The work will be showcased throughout the night of Art of Fashion’s event, while being viewed by more than 20,000 people; it will further be included in the roaming Art installation at a minimum of 5 locations across the country.
- Upon its successful completion, the production team will have the chance and try to enter the film into the Toronto Hot Docs Film Festival and TIFF.
4. Main Objectives [of Documentary]
- To act as a marketing tool of Art of Fashion as an organization and its competition
- To promote the participating designers in the night of the event and to further help elevate their careers by giving exposure and awareness to their brand
- To show the presence of the immense Canadian talent around us
- To generate an understanding of the lack of funds for designers
- To promote the organization’s efforts to fight for Canadian designers and their exposure
5. Production Team Opportunities
By applying to participate in this project, individuals will have the chance to use their creativity in all aspects of the film production industry, offer their talents towards the successful execution of the project and gain exposure on the night of the screening and event, as well as jump-start their career by participating in a project with a cause.
Internship hours/positions will be given to Film Students who apply to be a part of this project.
Furthermore, the documentary will be used as a promotional tool throughout the following year through the use of Social Media and other Fashion-related platforms, as well as National Film Festivals.
For further inquiries and information, do not hesitate to contact the Executive Producer and/his assistant at the below-listed information:
For more information about Art of Fashion Inc. visit us at: