On May 18-19, Ontario Centres of Excellence, in collaboration with FilmOntario, the S3D gaming Alliance and 3D FLIC, is presenting Ontario Projection: Advances in 3D, a collection of dynamic panels, speakers and exhibitor showcases focusing on 3D technology and content at Discovery 11.
Ontario Projection: Advances in 3D will provide a unique experience for students to learn about the 3D industry from leading 3D professionals. Expert panellists will discuss challenges faced by video game designers, stereo 3D conversion, consumer experience, safety issues and much more, providing students with valuable insights into what awaits them in the 3D sector after graduation. Students can use code 3D20 register to receive a student price of $75. Program co-ordinators can use code 3D200 to receive an educator price of $200. As a special offer for 3D program co-ordinators, when 5 or more of your students register, you will receive free admission to the conference.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to network and learn from cutting-edge 3D experts. For more information about Ontario Projection: Advances in 3D, please see below or email Kirstie Fraser at KirstieFraser@oce-ontario.org.
If this message is not displaying properly, click here <http://www.ocediscovery.com/mail/Discovery2011_HTML_email_23.html> to launch your browser.
As part of Discovery 11, Ontario Centres of Excellence, in collaboration with FilmOntario, the S3D Gaming Alliance, and 3D FLIC, is hosting Ontario Projection: Advances in 3D. This inaugural event will feature dynamic presentations by some of the sector’s leading visionaries, including:
- Roman Kroitor, Chairman and Founder, Janro Imaging Labs/IMAX Co-Founder
- David Coombes, Platform Research Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Fred Mattocks, General Manager, Media Operations and Technology, CBC
- Indra Laksono, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, ViXs
- Robert Montgomery, CEO, Achilles Media Ltd.
- James Stewart, Producer and Director, Geneva Film and TED 2011 Speaker
- Lon Molnar, CEO & VFX Supervisor, Intelligent Creatures
Compelling panel discussions will address topics like:
- Is Stereo 3D ready to enter consumers’ lives through TV and mobile devices?
- What can Stereo 3D bring to gaming and why should gamers care?
- 2D To Stereo 3D Conversion: Why Does(n’t) It Work and What is The Business Case?
To learn more and see the complete 3D agenda, click here <http://www.ocediscovery.com/agenda2011_3d.aspx> .
Visit ocediscovery.com <http://www.ocediscovery.com> and enter promo code 3D20 to register for this 3D event at Discovery 11.